white stock flowers.
- ½ of the lower flowers are open;
- Bunches with strong fragrance;
- Stem ends should not have the woody white root section still attached;
- Avoid bunches with brown marks on petals.
1. Keep cool whenever possible.
2. Split bunches and strip leaves (if any) from the lower half of each stem.
3. Wash each stem thoroughly.
4. Re-cut at least 2 cm off each stem with sharp secateurs, making sure the woody stem end and roots are removed and place in water immediately.
5. Preservative is essential – this will help prevent growth of bacteria and slime.
6. Replace water every day.
7. Stock is very sensitive to ethylene. Keep them away from fruit, car exhausts and cigarette smoke.